Nowadays almost everybody faces huge challenges while commuting to work. Roads are bustling with people and traffic. It has become increasingly cumbersome to move from one place to another. With the advent of technology and advancements in motors and batteries, Electric scooter is an economical alternative to cars and public transportation. Refer the Electric Scooter Buying Guide on this page before buying.
Electric Scooter Buying Guide
Electric Scooter is basically a vehicle which looks like a bike but uses electric energy to function. It is compact and lighter in weight than a bike. Many people are considering buying an electric scooter to work. But before buying an electric scooter you must have knowledge of e-scooter and the reasons for why you should get an electric scooter i.e, Electric Scooter Buying Guide. First of all, it can be carried easily for short distances. It requires no fuel, only charging the battery is enough. There is no hassle for paying extra bucks for fuel. It is environment-friendly and easy to maintain.
Nowadays the market is flooded with different models of electric scooters. However, not all of them are built the same. While some models which are foldable offer high durability come at affordable rates, others weigh less than 20 pounds but have inferior suspension systems. When I was looking for an electric scooter, I could not find the answers to many questions I had in my mind. It is best to follow an electric scooter buying guide available online. There are some essential things that you should keep on how to choose the best electric scooter. There are different parameters to look for. They are as follows:
Things to consider while Buying Electric Scooter
- Design: It is an important aspect while purchasing an electric scooter. While some come with seats, others such as electric-kick scooters come with no seat. You have to ride on it standing.
- Frame construction and durability: While some electric scooters are compact in design, others are built like a tank weighing up to 30 lbs. We should look for scooters made of high-quality tubular steel and thick steel plates for the frame.
- Motor: Motor is what drives a scooter. A power of 500 watts gives greater acceleration, speed and ability to climb gentle slopes on the road. A kid’s scooter will have power up to 350 watts. For superior speeds, a scooter of 750 watts motor is the best.
- Battery pack: While choosing an e-scooter, it is better to buy a scooter which operates on lithium-ion battery as it has less charging time than a lead-acid battery and gives better performance.
- Wheels and suspension: You should look for a scooter with pneumatic tires as they are filled with compressed air. They provide good shock absorption and traction.
- Price: Do you need a scooter just for recreational purpose? It is best to go for a suspension less system as they cost less than 300 dollars. If you want to use the scooter for daily use, it is better to go for a scooter with the suspension system. They cost around 800 to 1000 dollars.
Types of Electric Scooters
There are different types of Electric Scooter to look for in the market. They are of six types. As a part of Electric Scooter buying guide, check those types of scooters below.
- Electric kick scooters: They are for kids and toddlers. They have a compact design and cost less than 150 dollars. They have speeds of up to 20 mph.
- Electric motorcycles: They are for racing professionals. They can reach up to 100 mph. They provide a great riding experience.
- Electric bikes: They are a great option for mountain biking and can convert to regular bike too. They can go up to 25 mph. They are ideal for riding and outdoor exercise.
- Electric tricycle: They are like e-bikes but have three wheels instead of two. They are used by children and disabled people. It can go up to 20 mph.
- Electric mobility scooters: They have 3 to 4 wheels. These are basically for obese and disabled people. These have flat free tires, ant tippers, large carry baskets and easy to remove batteries.
- Electric Go-karts: They are mainly for kids and teenagers for fun purpose. They have hand brakes for stopping, molded aluminum wheels and chain driven motors.
For the more and latest information on Electric Scooter, keep visiting this portal regularly.